Followers

Thursday 4 March 2010

Dog Fouling - the answers?!

I got a response from the Environment Dept about my email to them. But it was not in the form that I'd expected.

It was a card through my door. An environmental operative had called when I was out and had left his calling card. For a split second I thought - what has my dog been up to? My dementia hasn't gone that far has it?

I later found a letter he'd dropped in at the same time which contained info about what to do if you're affected by dog owners acting irresponsibly. I summarise some of the contents of the letter below:

There's a fixed penalty of £50 for dog owners concerned and failure to comply with this carries a maximum fine of £1000.

If you observe dog fouling or have noticed an area where dog fouling is a problem you can report it to the dog warden - phone 0303 333 4300 (24 hour line).

You need to provide details of where the offence occurred, address of dog owner if known, the time of day the offence usually occurs, a description of the dog if the owner is not known.

All the information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence.

I haven't had a chance to talk to the environment dept about the other issues I raised but I'll keep you informed. Also check out in the previous blog what to do about getting the mess clearded up.

No comments: