Followers

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Spillage in Barrows Green Lane


Today has seen quite a few tipper trucks over the weight limit travelling up and down Barrows Green Lane laden with what looks like building waste, some with cement. The Lorry Watch scheme have sent information to the police about one of the lorries.

Later in the afternoon I noticed that one of the trucks had stopped and the driver was examining his load as if he had had a problem with it. As I went past him and travelled further along the road I noticed spillage on the road's surface and the grass verge - presumably coming from the lorry I'd just seen. By the time I'd put two and two together the lorry had moved on and I'd not been able to get the reg number. This was at about 5pm. Also going further along the lane at its junction with Derby Rd I noticed more spillage.

We've informed the police about this incident but it would be useful if anyone else saw this vehicle at 5pm parked up on the lane that they contacted me on 0151 423 1692.

No comments: