Followers

Monday 5 April 2010

Bus a thon!

Tomorrow I'll be on several buses for about 12 hours. Why? - well although I do like buses - for 12 hours! But, needs must and doesn't must need!? I want to see how many towns I can visit in one day using buses and am asking people to sponsor me per town to a maximum of £10.

I'm hoping to raise money for the forthcoming election campaigns. This year in Halton residents will be able to vote Green for the first time in a general election and also we're standing a candidate in over a third of the wards .

All this needs extra money compared with other years. As the Green Party only accepts funding from ethically screened organisations and its supporters compared to other minority parties, like UKIP etc, our funding is really, really limited.

Although the first few sentences of this blog might sound a little negative I'm secretly looking forward to having a go. It's an adventure. Intend to take photos of places visited and produce a sort of quirky diary of events.

It'll be interesting to see what you can do in one day on a bus, how do buses and everything to do with them perform (could be nerdish this!) What are bus users up to etc. It could be a damp squib in more ways than one but you won't know unless you check out this blog in the next couple of days.

My daughter Clare has kindly placed an item on Facebook about the event so anyone reading this after picking it up on Facebook I particularly challenge you to comment.

Anything goes, within reason - it would be good to see peoples views about things like local politics - how relevant are they to you? or about buses (buried feelings about public transport do you have something burning to say?) or anything that matters to you - the subject matter could be endless its up to you! (email me if you prefer - haltongreenparty@hotmail.com)

I personally don't think anyone will respond, prove me wrong if you dare!

No comments: