Followers

Sunday 24 May 2009

Halton Euro Campaign trail 6

What a fantastic day for leafleting in Widnes with temperatures in the mid 20's and quite a few people out gardening.

It's interesting how many people seemed to want to see the leaflet obviously considering voting Green.

Most people were very friendly although there was one group of people one of whom refused a leaflet, another in a car with the engine running said to me it wasn't very Green to be delivering leaflets. I said in my best Columbo voice that she might have a point but could she tell me another way of getting the really important Green view to as many people as possible.

An uplifting incident was when someone recognised me from a picture that was published in the local press last election. I wasn't in my local ward so it shows you the interest that people seem to have in the Green Party.

Out tomorrow again hope the weather holds

No comments: