Followers

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Blue Bin Recycling Scheme - Wrong Post Code!

The issue of the new blue bin recycling scheme being available to as many residents as possible continues.

An older person in Moorfield Rd Widnes asked if I could help him in recyling tins bottles etc as he was very keen to do as much as possible re reducing landfill use.

He does not have a car and his nearest recycling area is a 30 minute walk away. So at the moment he has a mountain of cans and nowhere to put them!

I've emailed the council about the matter as follows,

"I have been approached by a resident in Moorfield Rd Widnes in his eighties who is trying desperately to recycle tins bottles etc but is hampered because of not living in an area that is part of the new blue bin scheme.

Could you tell me if his property will be receiving this particular blue bin service in the near future?

Derek Mellor"

I think the council should respond positively to people in this person's position by perhaps looking at other ways they could help in the short term.

I'd like to hear from anyone wanting this service and not receiving it at the moment. Give us a ring on 0151 423 1692

No comments: