Followers

Friday 15 February 2008

Local Recycling

We've had a query from a Moorfield Rd resident about recycling bins in their area. I have emailed the council re this issue as follows:-

"A resident in Moorfield Rd wanted to know if recyling bins could once again be sited in the Moorfield Rd area. There used to be some at the Crow Wood roundabout car park but because of vandalism were removed.

This person does not have access to a car and the nearest recycing centre is 2 miles away.
I'm not sure what the take up for using recyling bins in this area would be but perhaps it might be worth seeing whether a local firm like Rockwoods could help in some way by providing bins on thier site giving access to the public and supervising them.

Can you tell me if the council has any plans to provide bins in this area again - thanks".

Anybody else got ideas about this - please let us know

I'll let you know when I get a response from the concil

No comments: